Sunday, September 6, 2009

Ahhh....love

Love!
Love.
Love?
Love,
Love...
How can one word so dictate the path of a life? Simply by changing the punctuation you can go from the best day ever to the most foreboding future. Bliss to tears. And in the end the question is was it all worth it? Is the ledge in front of you above a safety net or when you fall will you just land on the cold hard reality of it all? Life isn't the fairytale we're brought up hoping for. It is so much harsher, mundane and stagnate than what we envision at five years old. It is weird, what I am feeling today. Not pessimistic really, more like realistic, trepidacious, slightly sad. I think I may have forgotten how to be hopeful today and I want to cry...really, really cry just to cleanse my soul. And I would cry but I am not alone and it is no good to cry when I am not alone...then I have to hold back and then what is the point?

No comments: